Thursday, April 23, 2009

Behind the Black Door


Title: Behind the Black Door
Author: Darcy Abriel
Publisher: Amber Heat
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberHeat/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-453-2
Genre: Genre: Dark Fantasy / Shape shifter / Werewolf / BDSM (Light) / Ménage (M/F/M)
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Fire Nymph

Gulietta never understood what her mother meant by not finding her father. She never understood why she craves sex on a daily basis, never getting enough; no man ever being able to satisfy her. Until she meets Quintus, a man of many personalities; one moment sweet and gentle, the next hard as stone and every bit the Roman warrior he is. She tended to have whiplash after being with him.

Quintus is a Roman Guardian on loan to Antius, leader of the Satyr realm. Arranging for his freedom with Antius, Quintus was sent out to bring Antius’s daughter Gulietta home and he could be her mate…if she chose him.

This book was a great read. The sex was hot and I fell in love with the characters; Gulietta was a woman after my own heart. Not backing down to a chauvinistic society was great and I cheered for her the entire time. Quintus had me wishing my for a Roman Guardian of my own to have standing in a corner on standby waiting for my orders! Great sex, strong characters and a sassy woman are what make great books! Highly recommended read!

No comments: