Monday, September 7, 2009

The Gypsy Legacy: The Duke


Title: The Gypsy Legacy: The Duke
Author: Denise Patrick
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 1-60504-182-3
Genre: {M/F} Historical
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

Brand Waring, heir to the Duke of Warringham, has returned home after being kidnapped as a child. He wants nothing more than to find out who was responsible for his and his brother’s abduction. When he finds himself gazing at his friend’s sister Felicia, with a longing he never thought he was capable of, he tries to suppress it. With the help of his business partner, Brand is able to bring closure to each situation that arises for him.

Felicia Collings is in her second season, and refusing marriage proposals comes easy for her. The ring that her great-grandmother left to her is what she is going by, and no man has yet spoken to her about it until Brand. When he kisses her, he causes Felicia to forget everything she needs to say, and Felicia doesn't want it to be that way. She is a crack shot, firebrand, spoiled by her family and determined to marry a duke.

The Gypsy Legacy: The Duke is the second book in the series and I have concluded that Ms. Patrick has outdone herself in storytelling. This book continues with telling of the lives of the siblings Jay, Christina, Jon, and Felicia. I loved the fact that everything that their great-grandmother taught or told them came to pass and she had a lot of faith in them to accept what she said. When Brand and Felicia got together, I knew there would be fireworks, and I was right! I found myself laughing, and wanting to shake the both of them a few times for their doubts. Now that the two of them have expressed their true feeling, they can get on with their lives.

I really enjoyed how Ms. Patrick unfolded the plot surrounding the kidnapping, and the deaths of so many people for revenge of one bitter person. The secondary characters, some of the older generation, were an added plus with their input and the controlling of the younger siblings. The descriptions of the fashions and scenic properties of each estate are beautiful, making them leap off the page. I now must read the next book to find out whom the last brother ends up with!

1 comment:

Denise Patrick said...

WOW!! I have to say that I'm simply floored by your delightful review. Thank you. I'm always excited when someone enjoys my stories. I hope you will read and enjoy The Earl. It is now available.