Sunday, June 13, 2010

Storm Surge

Title: Storm Surge
Author: Evelyn Starr
Publisher: Extasy Books
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-1-55487-567-2
Genre: {M/F} Contemporary, Suspense
Rating: 2.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

Ottawa McKee is hiding out on Spinnaker Island, away from an unwanted suitor, in the home her father left her, and there is one heck of a hurricane brewing on the way. She decided that staying on the island would be safest way to avoid the attention of Simeon, who is determined to force her into marrying him. As she is looking out the window, she sees a man barely holding onto the rocks and runs out to help him.

George Hayward is recovering from the beating his kidnappers gave him, who never explained what they wanted with him. He doesn’t remember why or who would want to take him and he believes that the men might be still after him. When he opens his eyes, he sees Ottawa, thinking she’s an angel, but she continues to care for him while he is delirious.

Storm Surge is not what I would call a great story, mostly because the author centered it around sex scenes in unusual places during a storm and there were two different dangers. George and Ottawa can’t hold normal thoughts without touching each other. I was extremely disappointed that instead of dealing with the danger of the hurricane and the men chasing George, I was instead constantly reading about their sexual exploits. My biggest problem with this is that these two characters didn’t even know each other at all and there was so much second guessing going on in their minds, while having sex.

This is the first book I have read by Evelyn Starr and I am a little disappointed that there was not more put into the plot, other than George being chased. When I read the blurb, it said suspense and there wasn’t any. I expected more than I got reading this story. I hope the next story Ms. Starr writes will be much better than this one.

No comments: