Thursday, September 16, 2010


Title: Stray
Author: Ash Penn
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-1-60737-813-6
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Terry has been waiting forever for his chance with long time friend, Marc. But then Dan shows up and Terry begins to wonder where exactly that leaves him.

Stray was an interesting story centered on three very complex characters that, at times, were hard to like and truthfully, the only reason I finished to story was to find out how it would end. I don’t see that as a negative however, instead I think it is a credit to the author’s writing ability that she was able to hold my attention even though I strongly disliked Terry, aka Tez. At first, it was easy for me to understand why Tez acted the way he did. He has been in love with his best friend for a long time and when he thinks they may have a chance, Marc brings home a young homeless man. Soon Tez’s behavior just becomes over the top and harder to accept. That does not mean he is the only one of the three that needs some help, he was just the one that grated on my nerves the most.

There are many misunderstandings in this story and more than a few twists to hold your attention. Although the author, Ash Penn, is new to me, this will not be the last of her books that I read.

No comments: