Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Levi

Title: Levi
Author: Bailey Bradford
Publisher: Total E-Bound Books
Publisher’s URL: http://www.total-e-bound.com
ISBN: 978-0-85715-896-3
Genre: {M/M}, Shape-shifter, Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph 

After a huge family reunion, Levi needs a little alone time and what better way than a run in his animal form.  The last thing Levi expects to do is run into another shifter, especially one that’s not a member of his own family.  When he sees the cougar shifter, Levi does not know what surprises him more; the fact that there are other shifters out there or the way this one makes him feel. 

I’m a fan of Ms. Bradford’s, owning several of her books, many I have re-read numerous times over.  I was excited to see that she had a new shape-shifter series, one involving big cats, coming out and anxiously awaited the first book.  Levi introduces several characters, as well as some shifter culture.  I say some because in this book, the main characters, at this time at least, know very little about their own culture.  It was interesting watching as Levi, a leopard shifter with a huge, close-knit family, meets up and is drawn to, Lyndon, a cougar shifter who’s been on his own for some time and is trying to stay one step ahead of his stalker.  The chemistry between them is intense and the passion that flares up from the first moment they lay eyes on each other is over the top on the hot scale.  While they do have issues in the beginning and spend some time apart, it does not take much to bring them together.  I loved the way Lyndon interacts with various members of Levi’s family, especially his grandmother.   

All is not cheery in the men’s world as Lyndon’s stalker soon raises his ugly head.  In some ways, I was surprised when the stalker’s identity is revealed, yet in others, I was not.  Many questions are raised during the course of Levi, book one of the Leopard’s Spots series, that remain unanswered and I can’t wait to see how the author plans on answering each one. 

On a personal note, I would have liked to have given this story a higher rating; however, I came across several instances when words were repeated, or continuity problems involving characters occurred, throwing the story off more than once and had to put the book down because I was becoming annoyed.  The fact that I liked both the plot and the characters was the only reason I kept reading and gave the story the rating I did, but also felt the error issues should be mentioned as well.

No comments: