Monday, March 12, 2012

Undone Rebel

Title:  Undone Rebel
Author:  Lila Dubois
Publisher:  Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL:
ISBN:  9781419936050
Genre:  {M/F}, BDSM, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph 

Addie loves retro clothes and modeling.  Because of a photo shoot she did for a friend’s store, she is approached about a job that entails BDSM.  Lane, Emory and Alton are the three Doms that will be working with her at three different levels about the lifestyle.   

Undone Rebel was a very interesting and different take on an introduction to the BDSM lifestyle.  I liked that Ms. Dubois took pains to show that there are a lot of variations within the BDSM community.  As I followed Addie’s journey, I got so emotionally involved, I actually started crying sometimes.  The three Doms were so different in their personalities and approaches.   

It was very easy to see just where Addie would fall within the community.  Lane made the comment, something along this line, that sometimes ‘it is the strong women that need to let go the most.  I agree with that statement as sometimes I just want someone to take over so I don’t have to think about anything.  The caution that was used throughout the book was clear.  I’m glad that Addie was allowed to unwind for a day between sessions to allow her to process what went on. 

Addie’s relationship with Lane was an interesting one. The jealousy that both displayed was funny.  I very much enjoyed the fact that both were so human in their relationship and the author did a good job showing that. 

I am looking forward to the next book in the Undone Lovers series as I want to see what happens with the other two Doms and Addie’s boss, as well.

No comments: