Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dark Revenge

Title:  Dark Revenge
Author:  Jennifer Leeland
Publisher:  Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL:  www.jasminejade.com
ISBN/BIN:  9781419934506
Genre:   {M/F}, BDSM, Sci-Fi
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph 

Alex refused to leave with Tory when he was banished after a trial that found him guilty of treason after Alex's brother accused him. Tory gathered evidence that he was falsely accused, so he began making plans to make Alex his “Saria”, atonement for wrongdoing on the part of the Saria’s family, because her brother falsely accused Tory. 

Dark Revenge had a lot of twists and turns about loyalty and betrayal.  I liked the tradition and law of Saria, or single revenge.  Depending on the request, death, slavery or mate is the choice of the wronged party.  The society that Ms. Leeland created after Earth was devastated with the plague, a disease that created zombies; people that were subject to mind control and there was no cure for this disease.  I have to admit, I do not like zombie stories or movies, but I actually enjoyed this one as the author used the threat very well. 

The emotions that both Tory and Alex have for each other, and the situation they eventually become embroiled in, are very intense.  I will say that there are a couple of scenes that may bring up some strong feelings, such as the fight scene between Tory and Alex and the situation at the end with Alex’s half-brother. 

The secondary characters are very strongly written and you will fall in love with Jezar.  Tesia is an interesting character as well. There are several surprising twists in this story, some I anticipated as I read, but the one at the end blindsided me.  Several secrets were revealed that blew me away. 

Ms. Leeland is a new author for me, but I am looking forward to reading more of her books.  This is one I will be reading again.

No comments: