Thursday, September 6, 2012

Powerful Moves

Title:  Powerful Moves
Author:  Tonya Ramagos
Publisher:  Siren-Bookstrand
ISBN/BIN:  1-62241-057-6
Genre:  {M/F}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:  4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Elena runs into Tavius when he ends up hugging a tree after going through a portal between their two worlds.  The vampire he is after is a century-old enemy of her adoptive parents, which can spell disaster for Earth.

The first book in the L.U.S.T. series, Powerful Moves, is, at times, funny as both Elena and Tavius learn about each other’s powers and learn to trust each other.  I had to laugh at the acronym for the Logistical Unit of Specialized Talents that the author came up with for the agency that Elena worked for.  It made for some very light-hearted moments that could be construed, at times, as having two meanings.  Though the name is unusual, the agency serves a very serious purpose.

The cast of characters are unusual, but I could see each one as realistic even with their unusual powers.  Tavius’ recharging methods made for some very hot scenes between him and Elena.  I did have to laugh at Cedric and his reaction when he met Tavius.  I want to learn more about Michael and Gideon other than the overriding fact that they are basically Elena’s parents, and I was very surprised about the facts regarding her real father and wanted to know more about why.

I have to say that the author did keep the suspense going throughout the book, especially at the end.  I did not really see the solution coming the way it played out, but thought it worked very well.

I am looking forward to learning more about the various agents I met in this book and am looking forward to reading the next one in this series.

No comments: