Monday, September 17, 2012

Space Bride

Title:  Space Bride
Author:  Missy Martine
Publisher:  Siren/Bookstrand
Publisher URL:
ISBN/BIN:  978-1-62241-053-8
Genre:  {M/F/M}, Sci-Fi, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

After being tricked by her brother, Caleigh agrees to become a mate for two men on a planet whose conditions are pretty harsh.  Andon and Tarik have tried before, but Andon is willing to try again while Tarik has reservations.  Can these three find love, despite the circumstances?

Space Bride is the first book in the Galactic Nuptials series and is the first book by this author I have read. It did not disappoint me in the least.  I found the story compelling and sometimes wonder if Earth were to become friendly with other planets, would these types of scenarios happen?  I did enjoy the worlds that Ms. Martine created, as well as the various mating and pregnancy rituals that she explained.

The characters are funny and there a few hints about the secondary characters. There is one despicable character that shows up about halfway through the book and I really enjoyed the way the author resolved the situation.  I do have to say that this character was a bit of a surprise when he does show up.   

Both Tarik and Andon have their own quirks that Caleigh must deal with.  The chemistry between Tarik, Andon and Caleigh is intense.  I liked the way the author let Caleigh get to know the men before jumping into bed with them.  I also liked the fact that both men were willing to have Caleigh bring her brother to live with them, as he was her family.

I am looking forward to more from this author, and this series in particular.

1 comment:

Missy Martine said...

Thank you for your kind words.