Friday, September 7, 2012

Sweet Hell

Title:  Sweet Hell
Author:  Rosanna Leo
Publisher:  Liquid Silver
Publisher URL:
ISBN/BIN:  978-1-59578-955-6
Genre:  {M/F}, Contemporary, Sequel
Rating:  4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Josie wants to open a winery, but is stuck in her family’s bakery.  Dionysus notices her after he is on his way to visit his cousin that gave up his immortality to be with the woman he loves. 

Sweet Hell is actually a sequel.  I realized this after I started reading this one and several references were made to For the Love of a God.  The author weaves a lot of mythology from the Greek pantheon into this story that, at times, reduced me to tears, so fair warning to keep tissue on hand.  I have to give her kudos for coming up with a very imaginative story that will keep a reader interested.

Be aware that though the chemistry between Dionysus and Josie is intense, the story is more about the characters and finding their way to each other, as they face some very harsh testing as their relationship progresses.  There were times I wanted to slap some of the secondary characters, starting with Josie’s brothers.  The author also gives a reader some interesting insights at the way she portrays some of the major gods.

The way the author has portrayed some of the Greek pantheon makes me want to read more about them.  I will be looking for the first book to read and will be reading this one again.

1 comment:

Rosanna Leo said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so pleased you enjoyed my story!