Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Chameleon Loves


Author:  Missy Martine
Publisher:  Siren Bookstrand
ISBN/BIN:  978-1-62241-654-7
Genre:  {M/F/M}, Sci-Fi, Series
Rating:  4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Jeni hid some money from her employer after she discovered that her best friend disappeared. She knows they are behind it. as they are doing some illegal things.  Zin and Kernz realized she is their mate, but have to figure out how to save her from going to prison.

The second book in the Galactic Nuptials, My Chameleon Loves, takes a look at a justice system that doesn’t quite work.  Jeni doesn’t know that Zin is actually the Crown Prince of his world and he has made her part of the conditions for the trade agreement Earth wants.  There were several places where I started laughing because Jeni doesn’t do what is expected of her.

I loved Zin and Kernz.  Not only do they do everything they can to protect her; they go out of their way to make sure she knows she is their choice.  I liked that Jeni didn’t take what they offered lightly because she was concerned that they might think she only chose them instead of going to prison.

There were a few spots that were predictable, but Ms. Martine threw in several twists that I did not see coming and kept the suspense up throughout the story.  I can see why Zin’s race keeps some of the secrets that were revealed to Jeni.

The chemistry between the three is hot.  I liked that the author did let the reader know about some of the things needed so they could have children if they wanted to.  While readers don’t need to read the first book, it will give readers some background for this story.  I am looking forward to more in this series.

No comments: