Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Wicked Valentine

Author:  Ann Mayburn
Publisher:  Loose Id
Publisher URL:
ISBN/BIN:  978-1-62300-254-1
Genre:  {M/F}, BDSM, Series
Rating:  5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Lucia is recommended, by a friend, to Isaac for a Valentine’s Day party.  Unknown to Lucia, it is for a theme party at a BDSM club named Wicked.  Isaac is instantly attracted to her, but knows she has no experience in the lifestyle.  He proposes a partnership for the party and to mentor her so she knows what the lifestyle is and can plan appropriately.

The first book in the Club Wicked series, My Wicked Valentine, is a beautiful story about two very different people coming together and learning from each other.  Isaac is very cynical and doesn’t want to let anyone in, due to his experience with his ex. Lucia is very sweet and nurturing with a hot temper and doesn’t let anyone walk over her. The sparks fly between the two, the chemistry is very intense and I recommend keeping ice on hand as you read the scenes between them.

There are a lot of twists as each let their insecurities come between them.    There were times I did want to slap Isaac though and I loved the deviousness of Laurel as she was a firecracker.  I loved how some of the secondary characters stepped up especially as several of Isaac friends weren’t too happy with him.

This is one book that should be on every BDSM lover’s bookshelf, and I can’t wait for the next book in this series. I will be reading this one again for sure.

No comments: