Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Wicked Nanny


Title:  My Wicked Nanny
Author:  Ann Mayburn
Publisher:  Loose Id
Publisher URL:  www.loose-id.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-62300-308-1
Genre: {M/F/F/M}, BDSM, Ménage and More, Series
Rating:  4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Anya starts working at Wicked to get enough money to pay for her studies in Paris.  She’s also working as a nanny for Jesse, not knowing he is actually a Master at Wicked.  Jesse is intrigued by Anya, not knowing she is his nanny that had taken a waitress job at Wicked and she is the first woman to interest him since his wife’s death.

My Wicked Nanny, the second book in the Club Wicked series, tells an interesting story about love, loss and second chances.  There were some interesting nuances at Wicked and I loved the description to some of the different areas within the club.  The author captures the reader’s interest quickly and doesn’t let it go, leaving the reader wanting more. 

At first, I wasn’t too fond of Jesse and the way he seemed to ignore Anya, only to want to monopolize her attention later.  I wanted to slap him with the way he confronted Anya, once he realized it was her at the club.  I liked that he forced Anya to follow her dream to make sure he was what she actually wanted. The chemistry between the two is hot, and the scenes burn the pages

There were a couple of interesting characters that really encouraged Anya and Master Liam is one I hope gets his own story one of these days.  There were a few I wasn’t too fond of either as they really seemed to go out of their way to cause trouble. 

I am looking forward to the next Club Wicked installment and I hope it is either about Master Hawk or Master Liam.  These books can be read as stand-alones, though I encourage readers to read them in order.  This series is one for the bookshelves to be read again.

No comments: