Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Familiar Sin

Title:  A Familiar Sin
Author:  Jessica Coulter Smith
Publisher:  Changeling Press
Publisher URL:  www.changelingpress.com
ISBN/BIN:  06539-02103
Genre:  {M/F}, Shape-shifters, Suspense, Series
Rating:  4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Even confined to a wheelchair, Bellamy wants freedom and eventually a mate.  After she is rescued from a kidnapping, she knows one the wolves who rescued her is her mate.  Seaton is attracted to her, but thinks Bellamy is a raven shifter, not a house cat in her other form.

A Familiar Sin is the first book in the Romance in Moonspell series and is a fun book to read.  One of the reasons I wanted to read this book is because the heroine is in a wheelchair.  This is one of those rare stories that features a person with a permanent challenge and I thought the author did a good job showing her personality and strength.

The chemistry between Seaton and Bellamy is strong, but I wanted to slap him once he saw Bellamy in her cat form.  Of course, he did not know that was her then, but I thought he waited too long to go after her.  I also thought Bellamy was a little too quick to forgive him, though I can understand her reasons why.

I had to laugh at Bellamy’s family and some of her friends.  The relationship between the alphas of both groups was interesting.  There is some suspense with a twist in the end. 

I am looking forward to the next story in the series and wonder if it will be about one of the family members or another wolf.

No comments: