Monday, November 18, 2013

Duke Betrayed

Author: Amber Kell
Publisher: Totally Bound Publishing
Publisher URL: www.totallybound.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-78184-840-1
Genre: {M/M} Paranormal Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Dragon Minx

Duke Hellbur would never betray his people, so being accused of selling Thresls is horrifying. The accusation makes him determined to prove his innocence and find those responsible before his enemies can destroy him. That’s not his only problem. He’s barely hanging onto his humanity, but when he scents his mate, the Duke knows if he completes their bond he has a chance of finding his betrayers and having a future.

Balaze is happy with his life as a medic and after losing his first mate, taking a second isn’t in his plans, but he can’t deny his attraction to the Duke either. The two men must learn to work as a team as they go off-world on a dangerous manhunt. If they don’t become a united couple, they could end up dead.

Duke Betrayed is the newest release in Amber Kell’s Thresl Chronicles series. Because it closely follows recurring characters and has an ongoing plotline, I recommend the books be read in order. 

I’m happy to say I enjoyed this one. I found Duke Betrayed fun and entertaining and I love learning a little more about the Thresl world with each new book. The pace is steady, the imagery good and the personality development of Balaze and Hell is nicely done. I like these men. They’ve both lost mates in the past, making them unique in how they feel about the idea of mating again. Being ‘widowers’ isn’t something I expected but I appreciate nonetheless. These two are in reality perfectly matched and while on the surface their story might not seem like a great romance, in reality their depth of feeling makes it one. So, good job, Ms. Kell. I can’t forget about the betrayal of Hell as the conspiracies in the kingdom grow larger. I can’t wait to see what happens next with that plot line. Oh, and then there’s Saint….and the mate he’s stalking. I’m anxious to read their story.

No comments: