Friday, March 14, 2014


Title: Enigma
Author: Moira Rogers
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-60928-772-6
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Release Date: 05-13-2014

Starting with childhood, Anna Lenoir’s life hasn’t been easy. As a female shifter she has more to prove than men who make their living as bounty hunters and she’s one of the best.  Anna has few friends and never gets emotionally involved with men; it’s easier to walk away. At least until she meets fellow bounty hunter Patrick McNamara and then she’s as much unsettled, as she is attracted.

Patrick’s as tough as Anna and because of the magical powers bound to his strange tattoos he has the reputation of prove it. Together they make a great team and when the heir to an important councilman disappears, they’re needed to locate him before a territory war starts. The job isn’t easy or danger free, but the hardest part is opening up their hearts and becoming vulnerable to each other. Can Anna let go and allow herself to love a man willing to die for her?

Enigma is the newest release in the Southern Arcana series by Moira Rogers. Due to the nature of this series, I recommend the books be read in order.

I was beginning to give up hope for the next release in this series but it is worth the nearly two year wait. Enigma is a well written and entertaining read with a plot that kept my attention from the beginning to the end. Anna and Patrick are some of the most interesting and complicated characters I’ve come across in some time. They’re both flawed—wounded in their own way and their issues definitely define them as individuals. There’s nothing light and fluffy about Anna and Patrick—instead there’s a depth and richness to them I appreciated. 

The story line is smooth and fast paced, the descriptions are vivid and there’s plenty of action and danger. I admit I love the world building in the series and I learn more about the setting with each release. Secondary characters abound and it’s nice seeing the returning people and how they’ve changed and been integrated into the story. Okay. I think that’s enough for now. I have no idea where the series is going or who the focus is going to be next, so I suggest you read Enigma and the rest of series and wait with me for the next one. 

No comments: