Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dance For Me

Title: Dance For Me
Author: Allison Cassatta and Remmy Duchene
Publisher: ManLoveRomance Press
Publishers URL: http://www.mlrbooks.com
ISBN/BIN: MLR-1-02014-0227
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Augusto has a dream, one that he does not ever see coming true.  However, after much pushing from family and friends, the young man auditions for entry to Juilliard.  Shocked when he is accepted, the self-trained hip hop dancer wonders what he will do next.  Alex is the school’s “golden boy” and acts accordingly.  When he watches the kid from the ghetto audition for a spot in the freshman class, he can’t help being a little shit about it.  Forced together, these two soon find out that neither is what they seem. 

Dance For Me is the newest book by authors Allison Cassatta and Remmy Duchene.  I have to say that this book seemed to start a little slow for me and I worried about whether or not I had made a mistake in picking this book.  Yet, as I got further into the book, the two men really started to pull me in.  Although Alex comes across as a bit of an ass in the beginning, once you get to know him, it is easy to see his actions are a type of protective cover.  As for Augusto, he is the type you really pull for and hope all his dreams come true.  It’s hard to see these two as a couple and, at times, I wondered what the authors were thinking pairing them together.  These two really play off each other wonderfully and in no time, you will find yourself wanting things to go well for them. 

Augusto and Alex come from totally different backgrounds, however, and those differences mean that things do not always go smoothly.  There is enough conflict to keep the readers wondering how things will turn out.  Each of the young men also has some rough history to overcome, although neither sees that at the time.

There is an interesting variety of secondary characters, each of whom lends an important layer to this story.  While I may have worried in the beginning, by the time I finished Dance For Me, I was glad that I had given the story a chance. 

No comments: