Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Laser

Title: Laser
Author:  Viola Grace
Publisher:  eXtasy Books
Publisher URL:  www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-77111-971-9
Genre:  {M/F}, Sci-Fi, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Lukar knows he will never have a mate because he is a throwback among his people.  His brother ends up in charge of saving a young woman that would have died if not for her father, and in the process makes Lee Lukar’s mate and Guardian partner.

Laser is the latest book in Terran Times Second Wave series.  Readers learn more about the cybernetic program that the Nyal Imperium have and we get a good look when Lee’s life hangs in the balance.  Ms. Grace has created a wonderful world that is very believable.  The descriptions of the various aliens, as well as the humans, will let you picture them as you read. The ships that the Guardians have are ones I would like to have.

I loved Lukar’s brother, Dr. Icky.  While serious, he also has a wicked sense of humor the both Lee and Lukar experience.  The description of the wedding and the bride was interesting.  I really liked the symbolism as it was explained.

The chemistry between Lee and Lukar is hot.  I think both were a little surprised by their attraction, but Lukar realized what his brother did.  I liked that they discussed some of their differences in culture and that mindset about sex in their societies. 

While I haven’t read the entire series yet, I am really enjoying the books I have read and am looking forward to future stories, and these books can be read alone.

No comments: