Friday, January 13, 2017

My Mistletoe Master

Author:  Cameron Allie
Publisher:  eXtasy Books
Publisher URL:  www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:  978-1-4874-0837-4
Genre:   {M/F} BDSM, Holiday, Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Amelia has stayed away from home after humiliating herself at a party with her brother’s best friend, Nick.  Because of his loyalty to her brother, Nick has always regretted not telling Amelia how he felt.  Things will change this year at Christmas.

My Mistletoe Master is the first book in the Unexpected Changes series by Cameron Allie.  I wasn’t quite sure what to expect as this is the first book by this author I have read and not all authors can write about BDSM well.  I was pleasantly surprised, especially as Nick wasn’t an established Dom and the story indicated that he was doing research so he could meet Amelia’s expectations.

I had to laugh at both Amelia’s and Nick’s reactions when she thought she was alone and started watching a kinky video and Nick caught her.  That was the catalyst for the rest of the story.  I found it interesting that Amelia is the one that didn’t want people to know they were together after that.  There were also some very funny moments when her brother was trying to figure out what was going on as well as almost catching them.

Several of Amelia’s relatives are funny and I had to laugh at Amelia’s grandmother.  With trying to conceal their relationship, Amelia’s ex showing up at a party, and other friends trying to make a play for Nick, there were plenty of times that would make you cry, laugh, or want to slap someone in this book.

The author did a good job of showing how both people try to find their way when both were inexperienced, but one party already knew about their submissive side.  I’m glad the author made sure to mention safe words and that Nick made sure Amelia used them. 

I want to see where the author takes this series. I sort of want to see what happens with Amelia’s brother.

1 comment:

sean kerr said...

Congratulations Cameron on such a fantastic achievement and you are an author that we will all be watching for a very long time xxx