Title: Winter’s
Trial
Author: Darren
Endymion
Publisher: Torquere
Press
Publisher URL: www.torquerebooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-61040-520-1
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Cristiano is from Brazil . He’s
dreamed of finding the one wolf meant for him and the true mate pull allows him
to find Austin in Minnesota . It’s immediately obvious Austin ’s pack is in
trouble—that rebellion is brewing and to protect his mate from those trying to
hurt him, Cris gets sucked into the conspiracy. When they find one pack willing
to take them in, it’s a battle to get away and if they don’t, there’s little
chance of surviving.
When dealing with a
new author you never know what to expect but the blurb for Winter’s Trial sounded interesting, so I had to give it a try. I’m
glad I did. Mr. Endymion did a nice job developing the personalities of both
Austin and Cris and provided enough history on each so I understood them. There’s
also good imagery of Austin ’s
pack and the people in it.
I’m happy to say this
author has taken a typical pack that’s supposed to be more like a family and
turned it on its ear, giving the reader a new and creative slant to a werewolf
story. What surprised me about this first novel are the depth and number of plotlines.
There’s the one with Austin and Cris, but there are also several others woven
in and around them. These others really flesh out the story, making it fast
moving and interesting. It also means this isn’t an easy story to read. It’s
filled with anger, unrest, pain and lots of abuse—not just to Austin but other
pack members too. So, if you’re expecting a fun and lighthearted read, this
book isn’t for you.
Not only do I like Cris
and Austin, but the plot brings in a lot of other characters I found intriguing
too. I don’t know if there are other books planned but I’d like to see ones
featuring Taylor and Quinton in the future. Hint. Hint.

No comments:
Post a Comment