Saturday, March 28, 2009

Copperhead Road


Book Title: Copperhead Road
Author: T. D. McKinney & Terry Wylis
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-485-3
Genre: Gay/Contemporary/Action
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael

Cameron Fontaine and his childhood best friend, Bolt Truitt, spent their teenage years in love. However, when Bolt got shipped away to California from their hometown of Bay Mignon, Alabama Cameron’s heart went with him. A decade later, Bolt’s back and although Cam’s thrilled, there’s too much evidence hinting that Bolt’s following in his renegade family’s ways.

Bolt has his own secrets, though -- some that could kill. He’s tangled in something serious and deadly, and it’s going to take every last shred of faith and love between them to get them both through it.

Copperhead Road is a whirlwind of action set in sultry Southern Alabama. Bolt and Cameron’s love is the kind to transcend countless years, and when they’re together, it’s crystal clear how much these two men mean to each other.

There are a lot of twists, and the last was one I couldn’t help but grin at. I wanted to cheer for them both. I can’t say much more without giving anything away.

The setting was perfect, me being a Southern boy myself. And the title just had me grinning: I love the song of the same name (by Steve Earle).

Kudos to the authors for a great, exciting, and sexy read.

5 comments:

Ebs said...

Satyr Vael,

I'm so glad you enjoyed COPPERHEAD ROAD. This is our second visit to Bay Mignon, a place loosely based on my home town. It's fun.

And as you could tell that Steve Earle song was the inspiration for this. I love his music.

Ebs
T. D. McKinney
www.tdmckinney.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TDMCKINNEYNEWSLETTER/
http://twitter.com/Ebony_Silvers
Editor, Red Rose Publishing
Portrait of a Kiss w/Terry Wylis - Amber Allure
Hot Chocolate & Angel Kisses w/T.L. Lawrence - Devine Destinies
Prognosis - Devine Destinies
The Wolfe Proxy w/Terry Wylis - Amber Allure
Copperhead Road w/Terry Wylis - Amber Allure
Paxton's Winter coming April - Amber Allure
Walking After Midnight coming September - Amber Quill Press

Vael said...

Hi there,

I thoroughly enjoyed it! Made me miss Alabama (even though I'm only a state away).

Yep--I kinda thought Steve's song was the inspiration. Easily understood!

What other book do you have set in Bay Mignon?

Ebs said...

PORTRAIT OF A KISS is the first Bay Mignon book. David Schaeffer and his "dead ghost boyfriend" Brian Terhune (who have a small part in COPPERHEAD ROAD) are the protagonists.

We're currently plotting out a 3rd Bay Mignon books which will also draw in the characters from THE WOLFE PROXY which is set in Dallas.

1st chapters are up on my website - http://www.tdmickinney.com so you can see if they appeal.

Ebs
T.D.McKinney

Vael said...

Oh, wonderful! Thanks for the info and the link. I can't wait to read them. :)

Ebs said...

Cool! Do let me know what you think.

Ebs