Friday, September 26, 2008

A Renaissance In Blood




Book Title: A Renaissance In Blood
Author: Jamie Craig
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-357-3
Genre: Gay / Dark Fantasy / Vampire / BDSM / Series
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

When Jesse Madding gets the news that his lovers Gideon and Emma are gone, he faces his worst nightmare becoming a reality. Jesse will have to move on without them, but how do you survive without your anchors? He doesn’t know and Jesse doesn’t plan to find out. He wants them back even if it means getting them from another dimension. The last person Jesse ever thought would hurt him has done the unforgivable act of betrayal. Thanks to the love of Gideon and Emma, Jesse is no longer the weakling he was two years prior. He is on a mission to discover what happened to his lovers.

Jamie Craig really allowed Jesse to spread his wings in A Renaissance In Blood. My heart ached for Jesse when he was delivered the news that he would never hear the music of Gideon’s husky voice saying ‘boy’ and Emma’s passioned filled cries of extasy again. He seemed so lost, that I couldn’t help but hurt for him. When he discovered what had really been done to him, Jesse didn’t hold a pity party, but was proactive in figuring out his next moves. I enjoyed watching how he and Dominique, the foster daughter of Michelle’s dead lover from Domino, are bonding. She is a young woman hiding her pain if I ever saw one. I have a feeling the relationship she has with Jesse is going to supply the stability she is desperately seeking. I’ll be the first to admit, I knew a few books back what some of these characters were capable of, but never fathomed I would actually see any of it come to fruition. Jamie Craig has delivered yet another powerful story in the Master Chronicles series with A Renaissance In Blood. This is a definite must read!

No comments: