Sunday, March 8, 2009

Glad Hands


Title: Glad Hands
Author: Angelia Sparrow and Naomi Brooks
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419919473
Genre: M/M, Futuristic
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

The United States, as we knew it, is no more. It has become a country divided; each new territory with its own rules and some unfortunately, harsher than others with punishments as extreme as stoning.

Chuck Hummingbird is one of the fortunate ones, regardless of the circumstances that drew him and his family to Pacifica. Chuck is proud of his Cherokee heritage and is not ashamed of being gay. He enjoys the open road and the schedule that being a truck driver has afforded him.

Chuck accepts a special job that he believes should be as easy as pie, but his assignment is anything but. He will travel a road he didn’t anticipate and, thanks to his kind nature and ability to see the good in a stray, Chuck will find a companion, savior, lover, and friend all within a blue-eyed drifter by the name of Seven.

Angelia Sparrow and Naomi Brooks bring the thunder with Glad Hands. I’ve read a previous book by Angelia Sparrow that introduces the new lay of the lands, so to speak, of the United States and the territories. I loved her writing style then, and this new book has cemented that thought into my mind. Chuck is an incredible man. He has an open mind, with the ability to give kindness and help when people need it the most. I knew when he saw Seven there was no way he would turn his back on the younger man. Seven has had more hard luck than a gambler at a fixed roulette table. Between his family, the man he thought he loved and the treatment received at the hands of countless others, I would have thought his heart would have hardened. However, something in his soul wanted to be loved and accepted for the exceptional man he is. I’m elated that a part of Seven, no matter how small, refused to be tainted, stood its ground, and never gave up hope. This was a great story and I have a feeling there is more to come from this dynamic duo in the near future.

4 comments:

Six Sexy Sirens said...

I've already purchased this book but I just moved it to the top of my TBR's!

Paris

Scandalous Minx said...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Obsidian Bookshelf said...

Excellent review! I, too, found one of the most moving aspects of the story to be how Seven found the inner strength to attempt a rescue of Chuck in spite of how his harrowing past had beaten him down.

Scandalous Minx said...

Seven is one of those characters I won't soon forget. Peeling back his layers and discovering his inner strength was a magical moment. Happy you liked the review. :o)