Monday, August 10, 2009

Schooled


Title: Schooled
Author: RaeLynn Blue
Publisher: Phaze Books
Publisher URL: http://www.phaze.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60659-175-8
Genre: Contemporary I/R {M/F}
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph


Harper Perry had a throbbing headache from working through a Parent/Teacher conference. As always, getting in touch with the parents of her worst student was impossible. They never came to these events. Harper was giving up hope when she spotted a man with grayish blue eyes and tight jeans.

Nathan Pearson is a construction worker and father, who has a strained relationship with his son. Though he was gone for many years of the boy’s life, Nathan is back and wants desperately to be the best father he can. Talking to his son’s teachers seems like the best place to start with a positive change.

Harper was drawn to Nathan, even though she was concerned about dating the parent of a student. After meeting the language arts teacher, Nathan is positive about wanting to bury himself between her caramel thighs. Still, he was hesitant to approach Harper with his true feelings. Nathan needed something good in his life, and he knew that Harper was perfect. How could they stay away from one another, when the attraction was so intense?

The road to “happily ever after” is often paved with bumps and potholes. Being in love doesn’t erase the harsh facts of reality, but at the same time, reality doesn’t have to dampen the happiness of a couple. Schooled is this kind of story and RaeLynn Blue is an expert at making real people and real life enticing and hot. A construction worker with a tainted past and a middle aged teacher had me praying and cheering at the same time. Yes, I was thrilled that Harper found love, but honestly I was so much happier for Nathan. Between his ex-wife, his son and his past, Nathan had a lot of difficulties on his plate. The ex-wife is a piece of work and if I could have jumped into the pages and strangled her, I would have. To see a good man dealing with such a mundane life broke my heart. When Nathan met Harper, I literally saw the sun shining on him and I felt Harper open her mind. I felt hope blossom as if I were a main character in this story. It was touch-and-go for a while, but Harper was able to forgive Nathan and even make progress with his son. If you’re a true lover of romance and you don’t read Schooled, then you deserve to have your reading license suspended.

No comments: