Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Night Shift


Title: Night Shift
Author: Jenna Byrnes
Publisher: Total-E-Bound
Publisher URL: http://www.total-e-bound.com/
ISBN: 978-1-907280-17-7
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary, Action /Adventure
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Chicago has a new murder, and the South Side’s normal amount of danger has drastically increased. Homicide Detective Cullen Ryder knows finding the culprit is important, but discovering that the chief has formed a task force to handle the case leaves Ryder a bit flustered.

Vice Detective Trevor Stone is heading the new task force. With his killer body and looks, Ryder knows the man will be the next start of his late night wet dreams. The two begin their interaction on a clearly wrong note, but soon Stone and Ryder learn they have more in common than they ever could have expected.

Night Shift mixes action, suspense and a healthy dose of erotic roll play to create an impressive read. I’ll just admit at first, I didn’t think Stone deserved Ryder. More importantly, I didn’t think Stone’s ego would move over enough to allow anyone else into his heart. His attitude, at first, reminded me of why I don’t like some men. The arrogance and self-important attitude just put me on edge. I understood Ryder and sympathized with him. He sure didn’t win any jackpots, besides in bed, when he first gained Stone’s eye. However, eventually, it all settled down, allowing the men to move forward. The men prove that your partner doesn’t have to be perfect, just perfect for you. Jenna Byrnes has written yet another entertaining story sure to please her fan base, while drawing new readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the lovely review!

Jenna

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Jenna!