Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lessons in Temptation


Title: Lessons in Temptation
Author: Charlie Cochrane
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-845-1
Genre: {M/M} Historical
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Orlando Coppersmith and Jonty Stewart are visiting Bath and wishing for a mystery to solve. The twosome gains their wish, when a twenty-five year old murder is brought to their attention, and they are requested to unravel the mystery.

Orlando and Jonty do quite a juggling act in the latest Cambridge Fellows Mystery release, Lessons in Temptation. Charlie Cochrane expertly adds the mystery into this story along with a bit of work, as well as Jonty’s interaction with an old school chum that could lead from noon tea to becoming a nooner. It was hard to imagine Jonty cheating on Orlando. The two men have brought so much to each other’s lives. But the bit of spice more than kept the story flowing and had me hoping against hope that he wouldn’t lose his lover. The mystery itself is well written and I will admit I never correctly guessed who committed the crime.

I’ve come to love this series because of the mysteries. And while Jonty and Orlando do have some intimate moments, they never make me lose focusing on the “who done it” portion of these stories. If you enjoy gay mysteries, pick up a copy; you won’t be disappointed.

2 comments:

Charlie Cochrane said...

Thanks for the great review. Sorry I'm all behind - not sure how I missed this (maybe because I;d just been to see John Barrowman in panto and I was distracted?)

Charlie

Scandalous Minx said...

It would appear we are both behind! You are most welcome!