
Title: Fallon’s Flame
Author: Marie Harte
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60737-524-1
Genre: [M/F] Paranormal Shape-shifter Ménage and more
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Mystical Nymph
Like the original Circes, the members of Dawn Endeavor were genetically manipulated by scientists working for the government. Whereas the first group served in the Marines, this second generation group are trained Navy Seals. Like their earlier counterparts, all four men, Fallon, Jules, Tersch and Hayashi, can change into large, hulking beasts capable of reaping death and destruction on the enemies of the United States. The difference with these four men is that they all have a different psychic gift.
An unexpected change in the leadership of their little group initially leaves them feeling uneasy, but a new assignment forces them to focus on the upcoming mission. It also brings them in contact with Olivia Lynn, the group’s new interpreter. The sexy new female team member turns the head of all the men, including Jesse Fallon. Everything about Olivia drives him and his beast crazy with desire, but bad past relationship experiences initially make Olivia reluctant to get involved with Jesse. He doesn’t understand how a human female can satisfy the needs of his Circe beast but she does and he can’t get enough of her. While in the Brazilian jungle, on a mission gone terribly wrong, Fallon must discover Olivia’s secrets to save not only her life, but his as well.
Fallon’s Flame is the first release in Marie Hart’s newest series, Dawn Endeavor, the sequel to the popular Circe’s Recruits. There’s enough information nicely placed within the story, detailing the past of the two groups, and Circes in general, that there isn’t a problem if you haven’t read the original Circe series.
I never know what to expect from a spin-off series. Will it be worse, the same or better in quality than the original? I mean, do you avoid the second series or take a chance and risk being disappointed? If Fallon’s Flame is any indication of the other books in Dawn Endeavor, I needn’t have worried. Ms. Harte has once again created a thoughtful, well-written story that rolls along at a fast pace, from beginning to end. Her characters are all interesting, and with such different personalities and temperaments, that it’s a wonder they get along at all, but she’s worked them into a cohesive unit and did it with flair, creativity and a deep abiding friendship that can’t be broken.
I enjoyed the book and the manner in which the author got Jesse and Olivia together. Her being a Circe wasn’t a big surprise, even if she didn’t know it. I mean, the mating urges for a Circe is the same, no matter what the series, and Olivia had to change forms in order for the established premise to work. The manner in which it first occurred wasn’t what I expected, but it worked nicely, and fit the context of the storyline perfectly, while drawing Olivia further in the world Jesse inhabited. No matter what the form, Jesse and Olivia are sizzling hot and filled with passion.
The secondary characters in Fallon’s Flame are great, and I can safely say, that aside from their new boss, Mrs. Sharp, I liked them all. I’m especially intrigued with Hayashi, the quietest member of the team, and I look forward to learning more about him in Hayashi’s Hero with its anticipated release in May 2010.
Author: Marie Harte
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60737-524-1
Genre: [M/F] Paranormal Shape-shifter Ménage and more
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Mystical Nymph
Like the original Circes, the members of Dawn Endeavor were genetically manipulated by scientists working for the government. Whereas the first group served in the Marines, this second generation group are trained Navy Seals. Like their earlier counterparts, all four men, Fallon, Jules, Tersch and Hayashi, can change into large, hulking beasts capable of reaping death and destruction on the enemies of the United States. The difference with these four men is that they all have a different psychic gift.
An unexpected change in the leadership of their little group initially leaves them feeling uneasy, but a new assignment forces them to focus on the upcoming mission. It also brings them in contact with Olivia Lynn, the group’s new interpreter. The sexy new female team member turns the head of all the men, including Jesse Fallon. Everything about Olivia drives him and his beast crazy with desire, but bad past relationship experiences initially make Olivia reluctant to get involved with Jesse. He doesn’t understand how a human female can satisfy the needs of his Circe beast but she does and he can’t get enough of her. While in the Brazilian jungle, on a mission gone terribly wrong, Fallon must discover Olivia’s secrets to save not only her life, but his as well.
Fallon’s Flame is the first release in Marie Hart’s newest series, Dawn Endeavor, the sequel to the popular Circe’s Recruits. There’s enough information nicely placed within the story, detailing the past of the two groups, and Circes in general, that there isn’t a problem if you haven’t read the original Circe series.
I never know what to expect from a spin-off series. Will it be worse, the same or better in quality than the original? I mean, do you avoid the second series or take a chance and risk being disappointed? If Fallon’s Flame is any indication of the other books in Dawn Endeavor, I needn’t have worried. Ms. Harte has once again created a thoughtful, well-written story that rolls along at a fast pace, from beginning to end. Her characters are all interesting, and with such different personalities and temperaments, that it’s a wonder they get along at all, but she’s worked them into a cohesive unit and did it with flair, creativity and a deep abiding friendship that can’t be broken.
I enjoyed the book and the manner in which the author got Jesse and Olivia together. Her being a Circe wasn’t a big surprise, even if she didn’t know it. I mean, the mating urges for a Circe is the same, no matter what the series, and Olivia had to change forms in order for the established premise to work. The manner in which it first occurred wasn’t what I expected, but it worked nicely, and fit the context of the storyline perfectly, while drawing Olivia further in the world Jesse inhabited. No matter what the form, Jesse and Olivia are sizzling hot and filled with passion.
The secondary characters in Fallon’s Flame are great, and I can safely say, that aside from their new boss, Mrs. Sharp, I liked them all. I’m especially intrigued with Hayashi, the quietest member of the team, and I look forward to learning more about him in Hayashi’s Hero with its anticipated release in May 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment