
Title: Heart of a Huntress
Author: Crista McHugh
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-890-1
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx
While out on a job for the Kavanaugh Foundation, Lana, a seasoned vampire hunter, is having second thoughts about her job because of being alone. Byron has ignited, in full force, feelings that she has suppressed for years and causes her to think of having a mate and family. Lana is still grieving over a lost love from years ago and doesn’t want any attachments, so she thinks a one-night stand will do the trick.
The Alpha male of a werewolf pack, Byron, is bent on revenging the death of his former leader, who was killed by an old vampire. Now that he has the scent of Lana, knowing she is his true mate, there is nothing that will stop him from claiming her…well except, maybe Lana. He is still having trouble with leading his pack, along with a rebel named Alan, who is determined to take over.
Heart of a Huntress is the first novel I have read by Ms. McHugh, and I really must say that I’m impressed. When I realized that this is the first in the Kavanaugh Foundation series, I got even more excited to know I will have the pleasure of reading more from this author! There is a deep seeded plot by the older vampires underlying this story that left me trying to see the big picture before I got to the end. I was not disappointed by waiting until the end to find out the villain’s reasons for what he did, and here I won’t give it away.
Some of the secondary characters added quite a bit to the story, and even though there is not a lot of history given on the characters, I can’t wait to learn more in the next book. It was amusing watching Byron and Lana wrestle with their fast blooming emotions for each other. Throw in a trainee of Lana’s and you have a great story. Read and enjoy this one, I did.
Author: Crista McHugh
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-890-1
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx
While out on a job for the Kavanaugh Foundation, Lana, a seasoned vampire hunter, is having second thoughts about her job because of being alone. Byron has ignited, in full force, feelings that she has suppressed for years and causes her to think of having a mate and family. Lana is still grieving over a lost love from years ago and doesn’t want any attachments, so she thinks a one-night stand will do the trick.
The Alpha male of a werewolf pack, Byron, is bent on revenging the death of his former leader, who was killed by an old vampire. Now that he has the scent of Lana, knowing she is his true mate, there is nothing that will stop him from claiming her…well except, maybe Lana. He is still having trouble with leading his pack, along with a rebel named Alan, who is determined to take over.
Heart of a Huntress is the first novel I have read by Ms. McHugh, and I really must say that I’m impressed. When I realized that this is the first in the Kavanaugh Foundation series, I got even more excited to know I will have the pleasure of reading more from this author! There is a deep seeded plot by the older vampires underlying this story that left me trying to see the big picture before I got to the end. I was not disappointed by waiting until the end to find out the villain’s reasons for what he did, and here I won’t give it away.
Some of the secondary characters added quite a bit to the story, and even though there is not a lot of history given on the characters, I can’t wait to learn more in the next book. It was amusing watching Byron and Lana wrestle with their fast blooming emotions for each other. Throw in a trainee of Lana’s and you have a great story. Read and enjoy this one, I did.
2 comments:
Thank you for the awesome review! I'm glad you enjoyed Heart of a Huntress. :)
This was truly a find Crista, and I am hoping for more from you soon...hint, hint. LOL
Post a Comment