Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Triaxen

Title: The Triaxen
Author: Ciara Lake
Publisher: Siren-BookStrand
Publisher URL: http://www.sirenbookstrand.com/
ISBN: 1-61034-129-5
Genre: {M/F}, Sci-Fi, Romantic Suspense
Rating: Golden Blush
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Krevan is meeting the supply ship and looking for the man he made a contract with; only he turns out to be a she. Ancelin’s family was murdered for the power source her father had invented and now she is trying to build a new life for herself.

The Triaxen is a wonderful suspense story that will definitely keep you on your toes. The twists and turns the author has, both within the story and the relationship between Krevan and Ancelin, kept me up most of the night, once I started reading, to the point my husband finally told me to get to bed.

I fell in love with Krevan as I was reading and loved the world Ms. Lake created. The story is a combination of the old-style lawless western we read about within a sci-fi world. Krevan reminded me of an old-style cowboy/lawman who wants to be left alone, certainly not wanting to be around people, much less looking for a mate. Circumstances throw Krevan and Ancelin together in close quarters and Krevan realizes she is his bond mate. Most women that come to Verrian are there as mail-order brides, though Ancelin had not done her research to realize she should have had a protector with her.

So much of this story could take place in today’s society and, in some instances, be torn from the news. The Triaxen is Ms. Lake’s debut novel and I hope that this story is not the last one about the Triaxen people. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.

1 comment:

Ciara said...

Hello, I'm so happy you enjoyed The Triaxen. Thank you for your wonderful review.
Ciara Lake