Friday, May 27, 2011

Deadly Captive

Title: Deadly Captive
Author: Bianca Sommerland
Publisher: Noble Romance
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-1-60592-286-7
Genre: {M/F}, {F/M/F}, BDSM, Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

Lydia is chained and blind when she comes to. Joe tells her to cooperate with him if she wants to live and then she hears the crowds. Joe has been a captive for a while and has seen two women killed because he refused to entertain the crowds by using them as instructed by the vampires that captured him.

Deadly Captive was disturbing to me on several different levels. I did have a little issue with the way the book started and even though details about Lydia come out little by little, I wanted to know how she got where she was when she woke up. That being said, this book will bring out very intense emotions as you read the story and will definitely keep your interest.

The chemistry between Lydia and Joe is very hot and you can almost see the Stockholm Syndrome taking hold throughout the book. The author took you right into the cell with them and I could picture the various scenes in my head. Sometimes, I did want to slap Lydia because of her attitude, especially toward the end. The author created some very nasty vampires that seem reminiscent of the experiments done by the Nazis on some of the populace during World War II.

I was so into the ending, hoping for justice, when Ms. Sommerland threw in a gut twister. I would suggest reading this before what should, hopefully, be a sequel in the future.

Special Content Alert: forced sex, graphic violence

1 comment:

Cari Silverwood said...

Amazing story, and yes, I agree about the intense emotions evoked. A lot of tragedy in there as well as sexual heat.