Thursday, June 9, 2011

Edge of Daybreak

Title: Edge of Daybreak
Author: Jannifer Hoffman
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-60735-286-0
Genre: {M/F} Suspense, Contemporary
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

Maggie Carpelli is in a bad situation, not of her own doing.  She’s all alone and needing to make a quick escape is at the top of her list of things to do to survive.  When she finds a clerical error among some papers at work one day and makes an attempt to bring it to light to her father-in-law/boss, he fires her on the spot.  So now she is recovering from a hit and run and decides to listen to her deceased husband’s advice; disappear without leaving a trail for anyone to follow her. 

Logan has had only one thing on his mind the whole two and a half years he was in prison, and that is to find out who framed him.   He is always writing notes in his little tablet to keep track of things, and revenge might not be as sweet as he imagined when he gets back to his home town Duluth, Minnesota.   What he didn’t count on was having to get help from a mousy woman, who is in need of his help.  

Edge of Daybreak is a thrilling suspense story that had me wondering what would happen next.  I had to make myself focus on Logan and Maggie’s travels instead of trying to think about when the villains would catch up to them.   Believe me, I was not disappointed doing that!    

This is a new author for me and Ms. Hoffman’s creativity kept my attention through the whole book and making it eventful story you will want to read to know what is going to happen to the characters.  The way she presented the personalities of Logan and Maggie are truly believable and I was cheering them on all the way to their destination.   They were able to accomplish their goals, both together and separately to some degree, and they never stopped trusting each other.

Logan may have started out as a tough guy, but quickly developed into the strong manly person his grandmother taught him to be.   Maggie did surprise me because I thought she would never grow a backbone but once she did, she never let go of it.  I applaud Logan and Maggie for their determination to stick together and solve their problems for each other.   Add in loyalty, steaming hot sexual attraction and love only made reading this story better for me. 

I really enjoyed reading Ms. Hoffman’s Edge of Daybreak that told of beautiful scenic areas and will add this one to my keeper list.

No comments: