Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Velvet Memories

Title: Velvet Memories 
Author:  Violet Summers
Publisher:  Liquid Silver Books
Publisher URL:
ISBN:  978-1-59578-871-9
Genre:  {M/M}, BDSM, Series
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph 

Rob and Michael have known each other since high school.  An incident between the two sent Rob into a panic because he didn’t know how to handle his feelings.  Can Rob win Michael back? 

In the fourth book of the Club Velvet Ice series, Velvet Memories can stir up a lot of angst emotionally.  I remember very well wondering about a lot of things and going through the angst of not having a boy like you back during my high school years.  The author treated the situation between Rob and Michael beautifully.  I loved the fact she brought in the ancient Greek culture and used it to show Rob a few things. 

One thing that struck me throughout this series is that the club’s owner really looks out for his employees.  I would never have thought of asking a submissive if they would have a problem with a certain Dom becoming a member and Michael felt really cared for at that moment because he still had a lot of unresolved issues regarding Rob.   

Be aware that most of the scenes involve wax play, which requires a lot of safety measures, and the author showcased each scene beautifully.  I felt she did a lot of research, which added to the story.  Keep ice on hand as you read the scene between the two men.  I only had one disappointment in that I would have liked to have a little more at the end.  Each of these books can be read alone, but I recommend you read them all as there is a small undercurrent in each that I am so looking forward to a story about.  This should be on every BDSM and m/m lover’s bookshelf.

No comments: