Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vessel

Title: Vessel
Author: Mickie B. Ashling
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
ISBN: 978-1-61372-173-5
Genre: {M/M}, BDSM, Sequel
Rating:  3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph 

Sloan and Cole have been together for five years and, until recently, Sloan thought everything was wonderful.  When Cole’s father starts making noise about wanting a grandson, and Cole starts acting secretive, Sloan begins to wonder just how wonderful everything really is. 

Vessel is the sequel to author Mickie B. Ashling’s Cutting Cords.  Anyone who has read the first story knows just how angst ridden it was, and Vessel is no different.  After reading the blurb for this new book, I knew that the men would not have an easy time of it, but I was shocked by what they ended up going through. 

The author makes a statement on her website that this is a book that readers will either love or hate, and she is not joking.  I loved the first book.  Sloan and Cole, for all their flaws, made me root for them the whole time.  I was thrilled when they finally worked everything out and came together as a couple.  When I saw that a sequel was coming out, I could not wait to see what the two had been up to.  As in Cutting Cords, Cole and Sloan pull you right back into their world and it’s not long before the reader discovers things have not been going well.  The situation the men find themselves in will keep you reading until the last page, yet not everyone will be happy when they get there.  By the last page of Vessel, I could not help but feel cheated, not only by the way the story ended, but also because it ultimately ruined the first story for me as well.

No comments: