Author: Cynthia Sax
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
ISBN/BIN: 9781419941856
Genre: {M/F} Futuristic, Sci-Fi
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph
Darius is a Balazoid, which means
he’s a cold-blooded killing machine.
Strict principles of behavior control his every move, in spite of the
fact that a screeching human female is now monopolizing his thoughts. He’s broken.
That has to be the reason he wants to keep her, even though it’s
forbidden. Darius is determined to pass
this test of temptation and fix himself.
All he needs is to have her just once and things will return to normal
for Darius. No more wanting things that
can never be or feeling things he shouldn’t.
While searching for her brother,
Sabrina encounters a condescending ass who makes her blood boil in more ways
than one. Darius seems to actually
believe the garbage he recites about the purpose of women. Sabrina isn’t one to ignore a challenge so
she takes matters into her hands.
Pleasure is something Darius hasn’t experienced until now, so Sabrina
decides to show him what he’s missing.
Darius struggles with his newly
acquired feelings for Sabrina. All this
time he’s been told that females are only for sexual release. Sex is not for pleasure, it is only a
necessity. Because of who he is, Darius
can never have companionship. Sabrina
refuses to accept Darius’ coldness and detachment quietly, no matter how much
he tries convincing her things will continue as they are.
One moment I was upset with
Darius and the next I was upset for him.
I didn’t always pick up on the fact that he was doing his best to
protect Sabrina at the time. I knew he
was struggling with his own issues, but I had to consider Sabrina first. There is a scene with a breeding chair that
showed me the depth of her strength. I
think that was the final crack in the wall that Darius erected and I was glad
to see it crumble. That moment made me a
Darius fan.
Assassin
Mine is
the first installment of the Operation
Erotic series that I’ve read and I was very entertained. Cynthia Sax has a great skill in creating
males with ingrained beliefs that always evoke a strong feeling from the
reader. This story is a mesmerizing
example of this. The more the male
character fights the inevitable and the more his internal struggle increases,
the more I just eat it up like candy.
Darius and Sabrina need each other in very different ways and I have no
doubt that readers will get a thrill from reading about the sizzling way they
meet on common ground.

No comments:
Post a Comment