Title: Take It Off!
Author: Taylor Cole and Justin Whitfield
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: www.jasminejade.com
ISBN/BIN: 9781419942976
Genre: Nonfiction
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
Take It Off!
The Naked Truth about Male Strippers is a very good look at the reality of
life as a male stripper. The two authors
are men that have been in the business for at least twenty years. There were a few things the guys mentioned
about what goes on behind the scenes as male strippers that was a little
disturbing. I also had a little
difficulty, at times, trying to figure out who was saying what, as sometimes a
name was mentioned then it seemed like the tone changed, so it wasn’t clear. I
do have to say that what they were describing backstage was very different from
my experiences as a professional belly dancer.
I think it was because the venues were very different. I will also admit that some of my feelings
might also be colored by this experience.
One
thing that did strike me was the advice that Taylor and Justin gave regarding
choices about lifestyles and thinking about the future. They both gave some very good advice as they
talked about some of the lives they saw as careers came and went. If someone were to be starting in the
business, I would want them to read this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment