Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Killer Thoughts

Author: Marie Harte
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL:
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61118-893-6
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary Paranormal Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Dragon Minx

Owen Stallbridge spends most of his time running his multi-million dollar financial empire and is only a silent partner in the Power Up gym. He’s got his eye on Ian Ryder, a sexy forger who works with Jack and the other psychics at the gym. What no one knows is that Owen is a power psychic, who occasionally does assassination work for the government.

Getting Ian permanently into his life and bed is a high priority for Owen but first he has to deal with a threat from his past. Tracking down his enemy is much easier with Ian’s help but getting Ian to trust him personally is a battle he might not win. With danger at every turn, if Ian can’t put away the hurt of the past and trust his heart, both he and the man’s he’s beginning to love could end up dead.

Killer Thoughts is the final book in Marie Harte’s Power Up! series and while it’s possible to read it as a standalone, I recommend the books be read in order.

I can’t believe this action-packed series has come to an end with the release of Owen and Ian’s story. I thoroughly enjoyed this entertaining romance. It has a smooth flow, great personality development and lots of snappy dialogue. But that’s not all. There’s also plenty of danger and suspense, steamy sex and I learned things about Ian and Owen I didn’t expect. I’ve wondered about Owen’s power for some time and his carefully guarded secret came as a big surprise. Yet it’s only one of the many twists contained within its pages.

The danger in this story and the villain behind it will keep you turning the pages as you rush to the end. Ms. Hart has done a very good job with this final release and I think I can safely say it’s my new series favorite. If you enjoy M/M paranormal romances, I suggest you give this series a try. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

No comments: