Title: A
Simple Romance
Author: J.H. Knight
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-62380-432-9
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Skip thought his life
was perfect. He had a husband he adored and a teaching job he loved, but he lost
it all when his partner suddenly decided to leave him. After eight years of
being part of a couple, Skip’s left with only the cat, making him depressed and
withdrawn. At the end of the school year, he decides to move and heads across
country to his hometown.
Being home has some
advantages—he has a place to stay and his mother to love and coddle him until
he can get his head on straight. It also holds Paul Miller, his teenage crush,
who’s now a teacher at the local high school where he was just hired. Skip’s
nervous and uncertain about getting involved but after one night with Paul,
he’s willing to consider a sex-only relationship. Except Paul wants more. The
question is whether Paul can convince the deeply wounded Skip that love is
worth risking his heart.
J.H. Knight is a new
author for me and her release A Simple
Romance didn’t disappoint. It’s an entertaining M/M romance—lighthearted
and fun, but with just enough angst for realism. Skip’s hurt, mistrust and
uncertainly are handled well, allowing the reader to understand the depth of
his feelings. He’s so scared, he almost
misses a second chance at love with Paul and for me, his uncertainly went on a
little too long. I admit that despite how much I like Skip, I still started to
get irritated with his inability to make a decision. It was so unfair to Paul.
I know the premise for
this romance isn’t original but that didn’t stop me from enjoying it. The plot
flow’s smooth, the imagery is vivid and the personalities of Skip and Paul are
well developed. The addition of Skip and Paul’s mothers are great. These two
ladies are a hoot. But that’s not all. There are other supporting characters
that flesh out the plot and add a few laughs too. And I can’t forget about the
sex. While full of passion and desire, it don’t overwhelm the growing relationship
between Skip and Paul. So, as you can tell, I liked this romance and I hope
you’ll give it a try. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment