Tuesday, December 31, 2013

30 Days to Syn

Title:  30 Days to Syn
Author:  Charlotte Boyett-Compo
Publisher:  Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL:  www.jasminejade.com
ISBN/BIN:   9781419948596
Genre:  {M/F}, Light BDSM, Contemporary
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph

Melina would never have considered answering the ad in the paper if not for her brother. After seeing Melina’s picture and finding out more about her, Syn never considered any of the other applicants to his ad and he suspects she will be the one he is looking for.

30 Days to Syn is an emotional fast paced story.  As readers find out more about both Syn and Melina, they will fall in love with both.  I know I did.  There were times when both were also very infuriating, especially when dealing with each other, but I was glad that Melina stood up for herself when necessary.

Most of the secondary characters are wonderful friends, but there were a few that were just bad.  I hated Olivia, and Jack was the worst kind of friend Syn could have, and it became very clear why toward the end of the book.  I also wanted to know what happened to Jack. As the story progresses, readers discover why Syn’s friends are as close as siblings and I admired their loyalty.

The author created a scenario that allowed feelings to develop without a lot of sex which sometimes clouds judgments. Once Syn and Melina get together, the chemistry burns the pages.  Because of the insecurities each have, I can understand how the misunderstanding happened when it did, and I am glad things finally worked out for the two.  

Even though 30 days to Syn is a stand-alone book, I want to find out what happened to Syn’s friends and more of their stories.  I hope the author is planning some in the future.

No comments: