Title: Captured
Innocence
Author: Kennedy Layne
Publisher: Kennedy Layne Publishing (Barnes & Noble)
Publisher
URL: www.kennedylayne.com
ISBN/BIN: 2940148851226
Genre: {M/F}, BDSM, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
The
Crest Security Agency (CSA) starts investigating the murder of the owner’s
half-brother’s wife. Conner goes
undercover with a friend in the two BDSM clubs in the area. Lauren does custom embellishments of various
toys used within the lifestyle.
Captured
Innocence
is the first book in the Crest Security
Agency series. Part of the premise
is military men turned private investigators and security personnel. There are
little twists throughout the story that makes this one interesting. I really enjoyed some of the by-play among
the main and secondary characters. The
author did a great job keeping my interest; in fact, I could not put this one
down.
Connor
has a deep distrust of women sticking in a relationship, as his experience has
led him to believe they leave for something or someone better. Lauren does not fit that mold and Connor
doesn’t know how to handle it. Even
though Lauren is a confident independent business woman, she has a deep seated
interest in BDSM and submitting, but refuses to indulge because of a couple of
past experiences.
The
chemistry between them is explosive and I loved the way Connor was so patient
with Lauren. I was happy to see the
resolution between the two, especially as the two really needed each
other. I did have to laugh at a couple
of Lauren’s reactions to Connor, especially when he had to work undercover.
The
ending was a little bit of a surprise. I
was totally blindsided by some of the situations as well. The author definitely kept me guessing.
I
am looking forward to reading the next story in this series as some hints were
dropped at the end of this one.

No comments:
Post a Comment