Title:
Riding & Regrets
Author:
Bailey Bradford
Publisher:
Totally Bound
Publishers
URL: https://www.totallybound.com
ISBN/BIN:
9780857156884
Genre:
{M/M}, Western, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Jody
just wants to fit in somewhere. He had
hoped it would be at the Mossy Glenn Ranch but he’s not so sure now. When he is suddenly made aware that he is the
father of a two-year-old daughter, he is surprised by the way everyone on the
ranch pulls together to help. To make
things even more overwhelming, Jody meets Noel while signing his little one up
for day care.
Riding & Regrets is the newest addition to the Mossy Glenn Ranch series. Readers are sure to enjoy this new story, but
should know that it does bring up topics that may be difficult for some to
handle. Noel is escaping an abusive
relationship and hopes running to his aunt’s will be a new start. Noel is out and proud and I wondered how he
would fit in in the small community of Ashville ,
Montana . I was a little surprised that the author did
not bring this issue up at least once.
Jody
is one of the ranch hands on the Mossy Glenn.
He’s young and has been on his own for many years, which explains his,
at times, immature attitude and actions.
The author did a great job showcasing the confusion and fear a twenty
year old young man would feel when he suddenly finds himself a parent. I really felt for the young man, especially
given the fact that Jody has no clear memory of the night Prissy was
conceived.
There
is an instant connection between Jody and Noel and I like the way they
complimented each other. I also like the
way the author allowed these two to grow, moving in to a physical relationship
at a pace that is comfortable for them. I
wish the author would have spent a little more time on Jody’s past, as it is
clear that not everything is what it appears.
This
story is also full of wonderful secondary characters. Many of the guys we have met before and I
love the way they go out of their way to help Jody and Prissy.

1 comment:
A nice review. Love Mossy Glenn
Post a Comment