Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bottoms Away

Title: Bottoms Away
Author:  Etienne
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-62798-922-0
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Chris has just had the first of two surgeries that will free him from his ostomy bag.  He is anxious to get home so that he can get on with his life, knowing that soon he will be able to have his final surgery, which will allow him to return as close to normal as possible.

Bottoms Away is the third story in the About a Bottoms series, and since this story picks up right where Bottoms Out ended, it is necessary to read the books in order.  I enjoyed this story and the way in which the author pulls you right back into the world of Avondale.  Chris and Mickey continue to face a variety of issues that pop up in their lives.  Through all the issues they face, the love between them continues hold them together. 

I loved the project Mickey came up with in order to keep Chris busy while recuperating from the first surgery.  It was an unusual little twist.  Then there is Ted, Chris’ little brother.  I had to agree with Chris’ opinion of the truant officer who showed up at the house and am not sure I would have been as polite in the beginning.  As for the way Chris and Mickey deal with the abuse in Ted’s past, I am glad they were able to bring justice for the little boy.  The men also touch base with a variety of family members, which does not always work out well. 

For those who have  not yet given this author a try, his style of writing is a little different than some.  I will admit that the first time I tried one of his books, I had a little trouble getting into the book, yet by the end I was a fan.  Now I am addicted and About a Bottoms is just one more series that is on my must read list.  

1 comment:

Etienne's Stories said...

Thank you, thank you very much.