Monday, August 4, 2008

Bridge Over Troubled Water




Book Title: Bridge Over Troubled Water
Author: Vivien Dean
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure
ISBN: 978-1-60272-308-5
Genre: Vampire/Gay/Thriller
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael

Faced with a frat house massacre the likes of which he’s never seen, Brady Lindstrom has his hands full with the gruesome task of finding out just who -- or what -- tore apart a houseful of college guys, like they were made of tissue paper. Haunted by fears of vampires, namely the ones who murdered his lover, Cole Singer, ten years ago, Brady has a hunch he might very well be facing the monsters again. An unexpected visitor shows up to offer help, in exchange for shelter, and Brady is powerless to resist.

Cole Singer doesn’t know what to expect, but he needs Brady. Hell, he never stopped needing Brady. Literally torn to shreds at the hands of a couple of vicious vampires, Cole has no one else to turn to but Brady, and whether the man admits it or not, Brady needs him, too -- especially when the vampires turn to Brady as their next target.

Bridge Over Troubled Water was an amazing book. In fact, I pretty much read it in one sitting. There were several parts that had me tearing up due to the overwhelming emotions between Cole and Brady, even after ten years of separation. Their first kiss left me breathless, and I felt the tug-of-war in my heart, torn between them as they both struggled to accept that things changed over the years.

What I loved about Bridge Over Troubled Water was the fact that it held a very strong plot and the sex simply flavored it. That’s the kind of book I crave: one where I become so lost in the story itself, that when the characters come together (literally), it feels natural and not contrived.

Personally, I hope and pray that maybe Ms. Dean will write a sequel, because there’s so much left for Brady and Cole to rediscover about themselves and each other. That’s why I give this book a Golden Blush Award. It’s truly exceptional in every way.

No comments: