
Book Title: Obsessed
Author: K.Z. Snow
Publisher: Changeling Press
Publisher URL: http://www.changelingpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60521-022-3
Genre: Vampire/GLBT
Nymph Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Adin Swift was once a vampire, without dreams to haunt his sleep. Now he’s human again after having killed another vampire. He’s deeply devoted to Celia, the woman he’s given his heart to, but his soul, however, belongs to someone else -- his best friend, Jackson Spey.
Jackson is a powerful wizard and a close friend of Adin and Celia’s. When Adin finally comes clean with Celia about his strong attraction to his friend, she suggests Adin go to Jackson so they can spend some time working through it all.
When the weekend is over, though, where will it leave Adin’s heart?
Obsessed surprised me. I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect, but by the end, I realized how deep a story it is. Adin is an admirable man -- very loving toward his wife, but unable to shake the growing love for his best friend. Jackson possesses more than just physical strength, especially at the end, but it’s Celia who shines, even if she doesn’t take center stage. As someone who understands Adin’s plight, I couldn’t help but adore Celia for her loving, trusting acceptance of who he is and what he feels.
The love scenes are amazingly hot, but it’s the ending that got me. The very last scene has a beautiful, tear-inspiring, sweet moment. You’ll just have to read it.
Author: K.Z. Snow
Publisher: Changeling Press
Publisher URL: http://www.changelingpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60521-022-3
Genre: Vampire/GLBT
Nymph Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Adin Swift was once a vampire, without dreams to haunt his sleep. Now he’s human again after having killed another vampire. He’s deeply devoted to Celia, the woman he’s given his heart to, but his soul, however, belongs to someone else -- his best friend, Jackson Spey.
Jackson is a powerful wizard and a close friend of Adin and Celia’s. When Adin finally comes clean with Celia about his strong attraction to his friend, she suggests Adin go to Jackson so they can spend some time working through it all.
When the weekend is over, though, where will it leave Adin’s heart?
Obsessed surprised me. I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect, but by the end, I realized how deep a story it is. Adin is an admirable man -- very loving toward his wife, but unable to shake the growing love for his best friend. Jackson possesses more than just physical strength, especially at the end, but it’s Celia who shines, even if she doesn’t take center stage. As someone who understands Adin’s plight, I couldn’t help but adore Celia for her loving, trusting acceptance of who he is and what he feels.
The love scenes are amazingly hot, but it’s the ending that got me. The very last scene has a beautiful, tear-inspiring, sweet moment. You’ll just have to read it.
2 comments:
Thank you so much, Satyr Vael, for your review. I love these characters deeply, and their story is far from over.
Celia, by the way, is Adin's live-in girlfriend, not his wife. On August 27th, I'll be guest- blogging at Jeanne Barrack's "The Sweet Flag" (here on Blogger) about the female partners of men who discover they love men.
Thank you again. I'm so glad you realized this was a character-driven story!
Hi there!
I'm so thrilled to hear there's more with these characters. I really loved the story. (And I apologize for Celia's little mix-up.)
I'm all for character-driven stories, and this one was wonderful. :)
Vael
Post a Comment