Thursday, August 28, 2008

Going Deep


Book Title: Going Deep
Author: Dee Dawning
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Publisher Site URL: http://www.extasybooks.net/
ISBN: NA
Genre: Fantasy Games, Contemporary, Romance, Humor
Nymph Rating: 1.0 Nymph
Reviewer: Rhiannon Nymph

When Carla gets fed up with how much football her boyfriend watches, she tells him that she has a real distaste for football. Even though her boyfriend Joey in a NFL assistant coach, she can find no common ground. Until that is Joey suggests they play a game where they would both get sexually satisfied. If he wins he gets to have anything he wants. If she wins she gets to be in control. They have an argument about Joey wanting to sniff underwear of girl named, dare I say it? Bambi.

This argument escalates to Carla demanding to know whether Joey wants to have sex with Bambi. After a little Chinese food that subject is up for discussion once more. Carla decides they should play fantasy football for it. If she wins she will make Joey have sex with Bambi. After a few games and a very different birthday gift Joey receives from Carla, the couple finds their path to happiness.

This was a fun concept but I have to admit after reading Going Deep it left me unsatisfied. The story is thirty-two pages long and the first half of it is a sex scene. I would tell you it gets better but I can’t. There was more sex than story content. I wanted to know more about the characters involved, not their sexual prowess. I found the ending unbelievable after reading the story.

Going Deep by Dee Dawning, I’m sorry to say, was not for me. If you like pages of sex, this is the book for you. If you’re seeking a story with more robust and depth, I would say look elsewhere.

No comments: