
Book Title: Ugley Business
Author: Kate Johnson
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://samhainpublishing.com
ISBN: 1-59998-718-X
Genre: Chick Lit
Nymph Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Silver Minx
This is Book 2 of the Sophie Green Series. Sophie Green is a horrible British spy but she is lucky. Somehow she always seems to catch the bad guy, survive car crashes and solve the mystery. Sophie is trying to solve the reasons of her best friend being stalked and to do that, she needs to solve a 15 year old murder.
Her partner Luke is sexy as sin but doesn’t have much in the way of interpersonal skills. Now she also has the complications of a very sexy Irishman named Docherty to add to her problems. Will our heroine solve the mystery and get the guy?
This was a great book. With each chapter that I read, I was caught and wanting to read more. I liked the first person point of view because you really can picture yourself as the character. I did enjoy the antics of a mediocre spy; it made her more realistic to have the normal human traits. James Bond was mentioned a few times and it was fun to picture him doing the things that Sophie did. I do wish the ending had been explained better. I was still a bit confused about what actually happened and why. There were a few references to the first book which did make it difficult at times to understand, so I would recommend that the books be read in order. Overall, this was a good read and I will look for the other books in the series.
Author: Kate Johnson
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://samhainpublishing.com
ISBN: 1-59998-718-X
Genre: Chick Lit
Nymph Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Silver Minx
This is Book 2 of the Sophie Green Series. Sophie Green is a horrible British spy but she is lucky. Somehow she always seems to catch the bad guy, survive car crashes and solve the mystery. Sophie is trying to solve the reasons of her best friend being stalked and to do that, she needs to solve a 15 year old murder.
Her partner Luke is sexy as sin but doesn’t have much in the way of interpersonal skills. Now she also has the complications of a very sexy Irishman named Docherty to add to her problems. Will our heroine solve the mystery and get the guy?
This was a great book. With each chapter that I read, I was caught and wanting to read more. I liked the first person point of view because you really can picture yourself as the character. I did enjoy the antics of a mediocre spy; it made her more realistic to have the normal human traits. James Bond was mentioned a few times and it was fun to picture him doing the things that Sophie did. I do wish the ending had been explained better. I was still a bit confused about what actually happened and why. There were a few references to the first book which did make it difficult at times to understand, so I would recommend that the books be read in order. Overall, this was a good read and I will look for the other books in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment