Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reunion: The Six of Wands


Author: Vic Winter
Publisher: Torquere Press
ISBN: 978-1-60370-650-6
Genre: Gay, Contemporary, M/M
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Caen Nymph

Ryan has decided to go to his high school’s ten-year reunion. Being unpopular and a geek in high school, he wants to show his fellow peers what a success he’s become. However, when Ryan meets Jason, the former quarterback and the man of his dreams, he realises that maybe proving himself isn’t what’s important anymore.

Reunion is a fun tale about a former geek turned extraordinaire who returns to reap in the glory of his success. However, Ryan soon realises that he has nothing to prove to the people who didn’t give him a second glance and for that, I loved him. He overcame the pettiness and that’s a character I can approve of. Jason was a totally different character than the usual norms written about jocks and for this reason again, I give two thumbs up to the author. Jason was tender and sweet, and just an overall lovely character. I suppose my only niggle is I wanted to read more of the characters, and from the way the story ended it was a happily-for-now scenario and definitely something the author can come back to. Reunion is a sweet tale that has some nice characters and a very good ending.

No comments: