Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy


Title: Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy
Author: Deirdre O'Dare
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure
ISBN: 978-1-60272-571-3
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary, Action/Adventure, Suspense
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Troy understands poverty; it prodded him to succeed at his dreams. Regardless of the size of his bank account, he won’t ever forget his roots or those he loves. A chance encounter with a Chihuahua and her equally captivating owner, Juan will change Troy’s solitary existence.

Juan is trying to escape his past, but it’s not poverty that dogs him as much as it is his enemies. Juan wants to enjoy his new freedom and the company of his newfound friend. While that may seem like a tiny request, it may cause disaster for not only him, but Troy as well.

Deirdre O'Dare latest story, Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy, is a wonderful addition to the Canine Cupids series. Juan is a man with dreams and the determination to make them all come true. He didn’t allow his past predicament to hinder him. Troy has no time for love and believes it would slow down his progress. After watching him with Juan, I was happy that he wasn’t given an option. Their feelings grew slowly over time and while you may not get a glimpse into their every day interactions, Ms. O'Dare does a wonderful job of showing the effects of their blossomed emotions. At the heart of those feelings is the too-cute-for-words sassy Chihuahua. I think Cupid needs to find a new job! The story has a wonderful balance of action, suspense, and erotic encounters. I loved reading Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy and look forward to reading other stories in this series.

2 comments:

Val said...

Good review! I felt that the novella was too short to realize its potential, but the author may have wanted to keep it the same length as the others in the series. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Well I definitely saw the potential. I loved these characters and if I'm correct there will be more to come about this couple.