Friday, October 23, 2009

Pas de Deux


Title: Pas de Deux
Author: Jamie Craig
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure
ISBN: 978-1-60272-583-6
Genre: {M/M}, Mystery, Suspense
Rating: 2.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Critter Nymph

James is a high powered defense attorney who hasn't lost a case yet. When the body of a young dancer is found and an arrest made, James begins to feel like something is just not adding up, especially after meeting the young man charged with the crime.

Duke's a tough detective who doesn't have the time for someone like James but he doesn't have a choice. When he inherits the case, Duke ends up spending a lot of time with the hotshot lawyer. It's not long before both men are wondering what exactly is going on.

I had a hard time trying to decide exactly how much I liked Jamie Craig's Pas de Deux. I love crime stories and the concept of this story is a classic one; hunky cop and sexy lawyer try to help a young man accused of a crime. However, I was a little disappointed that, while the plot and the characters themselves are interesting, together something seemed to get lost. The story is a little too predictable with no real surprises. The characters are strong sexy individuals and although their friendship seems to be a strong one, there did not seem to be any real chemistry between them, a far cry from the author's usual couples. Although the secondary characters are predictable, they help move the story along smoothly.

No comments: