Friday, October 23, 2009

Trinity


Title: Trinity
Author: Lauren Dane
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-694-5
Genre: {M/F/M} Contemporary Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Mystical Nymph

Life is good for Renee Parcell, or at least mostly. She has a great sex life with her cat-shifter, lawyer mate, Galen, they have a home they both love and she’s the owner of a successful smoothie-coffee cart business. There are a few problems in her life that drive her crazy, but which she has no control over. Not all the members of Galen’s family like her, although only a couple have threatened her, Renee and her stepmother fight constantly and her father is cold, distant and uncaring. Then there’s the issue of her magic. Her stepmother and father have told her for years that her magic is wrong and unnatural, so she tries to ignore it, but Galen encourages her to seek training, afraid that without it she’ll get into trouble.

And it’s her raw magic that tells her something or someone is coming to change her life, and not knowing is making her nervous. That change comes when she knocks the groceries out of the arms of a gorgeous blond haired man, Jack Meyers, who happens to be the enforcer for the National Werewolf Pack. Renee’s attracted to the strange man and the new feelings appall her; Galen’s already her mate. The surprises keep coming. When Galen, Renee and Jack get together, wild magic surges and a rare and unexpected tri-mate bond snaps into place. Being mated doesn’t mean life is easy. These three have many trials to overcome, but the most dangerous is the mage trying to steal Renee’s power. It’s up to Galen and Jack to keep their mate safe and if they fail, the thief won’t have stolen just her magic, he’ll have stolen her life.

I’ve been in love with the Cascadia Wolves since I read the first book in this paranormal series, so I was thrilled when I learned Ms. Dane was releasing Trinity. Like the other characters in this keeper series, Renee, Galen and Jack are interesting, well-developed, passionate and sexy. Let’s not forget the guys…they can’t help going all alpha male, when it comes to defending and protecting their mate. As a threesome, these individuals are a perfect fit and Ms. Dane does a fine job turning an established couple into a loving mated trio.

The plot of Trinity starts quickly and picks up speed, until its racing as fast as a rollercoaster as it nears the end. There’s a nice integration of characters from previous releases, giving the book a sense of continuity. The sex, passion and desire is sizzling hot, the sense of family between the three mates, intense, and the danger to Renee, realistic and palpable. Then there’s the villain(s). They’re not readily apparent when the story starts but by the finish, it’s so obvious, I don’t know why I didn’t figure it out sooner. The reason behind their betrayal is despicable, and I didn’t see it coming. I can’t wait to see what happens with the next release in this keeper series.

No comments: