
Title: Shades of Gray
Author: Brooke McKinley
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-61581-080-2
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
The line between a decision that leads to a life of fortune and an existence riddled with adversity isn’t black and white but painted brilliant Shades of Gray. To FBI Agent Miller Sutton, there is no such gray area, or that was his view until he met Danny Butler.
Miller sees the criminal as no more than a means to an end. Putting Danny in danger to capture drug lord Roberto Hinestroza is the only thing he deems as important. However, over the course of a few weeks, the two men will learn truths about themselves, change their perceptions about what is important in life and finally, learn the power of love.
Shades of Gray is a brilliantly written story by Brooke McKinley. With a solidly developed storyline and a fantastic cast of characters, this tale will take over your senses. I couldn’t decide which of the main characters I liked the most. Both men had a great deal of self-discovery during the story. I think Danny beat Miller out by a smidgen because after I read about his past and everything he endured. The emotional depth of the characters left me spellbound during portions of this story. Brooke has a way of writing the characters emotions explicitly, leaving me no choice but to feel the grief and happiness as if it were my own. Shades of Gray has messages on acceptance, forgiveness and the importance of personal growth throughout the story. There is a healthy dose of action, suspense and a few sensual scenes filled with enough heat to fog up your windows. Between the handsome agent, crazy hit man and misunderstood criminal, I was on the edge of my seat while reading this book. I recommend Shades of Gray to those who enjoy the genre.
Author: Brooke McKinley
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-61581-080-2
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
The line between a decision that leads to a life of fortune and an existence riddled with adversity isn’t black and white but painted brilliant Shades of Gray. To FBI Agent Miller Sutton, there is no such gray area, or that was his view until he met Danny Butler.
Miller sees the criminal as no more than a means to an end. Putting Danny in danger to capture drug lord Roberto Hinestroza is the only thing he deems as important. However, over the course of a few weeks, the two men will learn truths about themselves, change their perceptions about what is important in life and finally, learn the power of love.
Shades of Gray is a brilliantly written story by Brooke McKinley. With a solidly developed storyline and a fantastic cast of characters, this tale will take over your senses. I couldn’t decide which of the main characters I liked the most. Both men had a great deal of self-discovery during the story. I think Danny beat Miller out by a smidgen because after I read about his past and everything he endured. The emotional depth of the characters left me spellbound during portions of this story. Brooke has a way of writing the characters emotions explicitly, leaving me no choice but to feel the grief and happiness as if it were my own. Shades of Gray has messages on acceptance, forgiveness and the importance of personal growth throughout the story. There is a healthy dose of action, suspense and a few sensual scenes filled with enough heat to fog up your windows. Between the handsome agent, crazy hit man and misunderstood criminal, I was on the edge of my seat while reading this book. I recommend Shades of Gray to those who enjoy the genre.
No comments:
Post a Comment